- Twitter: @happy_khan
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)1603 255000
- Address: Nabil-Fareed Alikhan, Quadram Institute Bioscience, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UA, Norfork, United Kingdom
Press photos. e.g. I'm giving a talk and you want to put a photo of me in your seminar notice.
- COG UK Consortium National effort for tracking COVID19 (SARSCoV2) through genome sequencing - I contribute analysis and data curation for our data in the Quadram Institute.
- Building better bioinformatics infrastructure within Quadram Institute, moving towards open web platforms and cloud computing - I co-develop and maintain our in-house platforms.
- The Public Health Alliance for Genomic Epidemiology (PHA4GE) - I contribute to the infrastructure working group, aiming to find consensus in how we deploy Bioinformatics for public health across the world.
- Population genetics and pathogenesis of enteric pathogens, including Salmonella and E. coli - I dabble in research projects, see my list of publications for details
Press and media
- Large scale COVID-19 genome sequencing in Norfolk helps manage outbreaks
- Quadram goes global on COVID-19
Media for reconstructing a Salmonella genome from 800 years ago
The article describing the reconstruction of a Salmonella genome from 800 years ago picked up a lot of press. I'm secretly quite proud it got into Newsweek.
- Press release for reconstructing a Salmonella genome from 800 years ago, "Evidence of Salmonella Paratyphi C found for the first time in medieval northern Europe". PDF
- Newsweek.com, "Salmonella: medieval skeleton unlocks ancient history of potentially deadly bacteria". 7-25-18. PDF
- Nature.com, "Medieval skeleton offers clues to bacterial killer's origins". 19-7-18.
- Nature News, "Collapse of Aztec society linked to catastrophic salmonella outbreak". 16-2-2017
- ScienceDaily.com, "Evidence of Salmonella Paratyphi C found for the first time in medieval northern Europe". 19-7-2018
- Futurity.com, "DNA from skeleton puts enteric fever in medieval Europe"
- Kompas.com, "Kerangka dari Abad Pertengahan Ungkap Jejak Perkembangan Salmonella". 26-7-18
- Medicalnewstoday.com, "Medieval skeleton sheds light on deadly Salmonella". 24-7-2018
Other press and media
- Press release for the Microbial Bioinformatics (Micro Binfie) Podcast. PDF
- Press release for the Microbial Bioinformatics (Micro Binfie) Conference 2020. PDF
- The Salmonella overview, was recommended by Prof. Jay Hinton on F1000
- BRIG was on the national news, skip to 1:20, Seven News (Seven Network); Time: 18:00; Broadcast Date: Saturday, 5th April 2014; Duration: 2 min., 16 sec.